Baked French Toast with Home Style Syrup Recipe
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 slices day-old French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1-1/4 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- In a shallow dish or pie plate, combine eggs, milk, vanilla and salt. Add bread and soak for 5 minutes, turning once to coat. Coat each slice with cornflake crumbs and place on a well-greased baking sheet. Dot each slice with butter. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- For syrup, combine sugar, corn syrup, water and cinnamon in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in evaporated milk and flavorings.
- Serve over warm French toast. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Baked French Toast with Home Style Syrup(3)
Sort By :
Easy, and delicious. I used cinnabon bread. Liked by all.
Everyone loved it and asked for it again! With my big family, that is rare!
I made this for our families Christmas Eve gathering. All wanted the recipe when they saw how easy it was. Tasted great!!!