Baked French Toast with Blueberry Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices Texas toast
- BLUEBERRY SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- Pour melted butter on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. In a large shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla and nutmeg. Dip both sides of Texas toast into egg mixture; place on prepared pan. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For sauce, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and cloves. Stir in blueberries and orange juice concentrate. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with French toast. Yield: 4 servings (1 cup sauce).
Reviews for Baked French Toast with Blueberry Sauce(10)
Sort By :
Did not care for the nutmeg taste.
Soooooo good! The sauce was especially fantastic! Will absolutely be making this again!
Coming from someone that isn't a huge fan of blueberries- This is wonderful! The texture of the french toast is just amazing. It's classic french toast, but I left mine in a bit longer and it got an ever so slight crunch to the tops. That made it even better.
For the sauce, the only thing I changed was the orange juice concentrate. I just squeezed half an orange instead.
One tip my grandma taught me was that if you add nutmeg, cinnamon, or any other spice to eggs & milk, always mix them with the Vanilla FIRST. Mix them together as best as you can, THEN add the eggs & milk. It keeps it from separating & just floating along the top of the mixture.
This seems as though it could be used with any fruit. Next time I'm going to try this with peaches. Enjoy!
This was a simple, yet delicious recipe. The cloves made it plenty strong for our tastes, but overall it was great! Its a keeper!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- French Toast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >