Baked French Toast with Blueberry Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices Texas toast
- BLUEBERRY SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- Pour melted butter on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. In a large shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla and nutmeg. Dip both sides of Texas toast into egg mixture; place on prepared pan. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For sauce, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and cloves. Stir in blueberries and orange juice concentrate. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with French toast. Yield: 4 servings (1 cup sauce).
Reviews for Baked French Toast with Blueberry Sauce
Sort By :
"Did not care for the nutmeg taste."
"Soooooo good! The sauce was especially fantastic! Will absolutely be making this again!"
"Coming from someone that isn't a huge fan of blueberries- This is wonderful! The texture of the french toast is just amazing. It's classic french toast, but I left mine in a bit longer and it got an ever so slight crunch to the tops. That made it even better.For the sauce, the only thing I changed was the orange juice concentrate. I just squeezed half an orange instead.One tip my grandma taught me was that if you add nutmeg, cinnamon, or any other spice to eggs & milk, always mix them with the Vanilla FIRST. Mix them together as best as you can, THEN add the eggs & milk. It keeps it from separating & just floating along the top of the mixture.This seems as though it could be used with any fruit. Next time I'm going to try this with peaches. Enjoy!"
"This was a simple, yet delicious recipe. The cloves made it plenty strong for our tastes, but overall it was great! Its a keeper!"