Baked Fontina Orzo Recipe
The pasta orzo makes a nice alternative to rice. If you like, use 1/2 cup blanched, diced asparagus for the roasted peppers.—Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease six 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups with butter; set aside.
- 2. Cook orzo according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine orzo, cheese, peppers and olives. Spoon into prepared ramekins.
- 3. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and nutmeg; pour over orzo mixture. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- 4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 391 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Baked Fontina Orzo
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC