Baked Flounder Recipe
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 pounds flounder or sole fillets
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Sprinkle the green onions and mushrooms into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange fish over vegetables, overlapping the thickest end of fillets over the thin end. Sprinkle with marjoram, salt and pepper.
- 2. Pour wine and lemon juice over fish. Cover with cheese and bread crumbs; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 212 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 438mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Baked Flounder
"Delicious! Followed recipe as stated, and it came out great. The whole family LOVED it. I will definitely be making this again!"