Baked Flounder with Tartar Sauce Recipe
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 flounder or sole fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- TARRAGON TARTAR SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dill pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1. In a small skillet, toast the bread crumbs, salt and pepper over medium heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Brush both sides of fillets with oil; coat with toasted crumbs. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 6-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with fish. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 241 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Baked Flounder with Tartar Sauce
"it was very tasty! i would reduce the amount of garlic added for the tarter sauce, it was a bit too strong, but some may like that."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.