Baked Flounder with Tartar Sauce Recipe
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 flounder or sole fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- TARRAGON TARTAR SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dill pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- In a small skillet, toast the bread crumbs, salt and pepper over medium heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- Brush both sides of fillets with oil; coat with toasted crumbs. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 6-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Baked Flounder with Tartar Sauce in Country Woman March/April 2007, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Flounder with Tartar Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2011
it was very tasty! i would reduce the amount of garlic added for the tarter sauce, it was a bit too strong, but some may like that.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Baking Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >