Baked Flounder Recipe
"I fix this fish frequently because my husband is on a low-calorie diet, and my whole family enjoys it," writes Brenda Taylor of Benton, Kentucky. The flounder is baked on a bed of mushrooms and green onions and topped with bread crumbs and reduced-fat cheese.
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 pounds flounder or sole fillets
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sprinkle the green onions and mushrooms into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange fish over vegetables, overlapping the thickest end of fillets over the thin end. Sprinkle with marjoram, salt and pepper.
- Pour wine and lemon juice over fish. Cover with cheese and bread crumbs; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Flounder in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p45
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Baked Flounder(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 7, 2012
Delicious! Followed recipe as stated, and it came out great. The whole family LOVED it. I will definitely be making this again!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >