Baked Flank Steak Recipe
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1. Score surface of steak, making shallow diagonal cuts. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Place tomatoes, green pepper, onion and mushrooms around meat. Combine the chili sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; drizzle over meat and vegetables.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender. Remove and keep warm. Pour pan juices into a measuring cup; skim fat.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir in 1-1/2 cups pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Thinly slice steak across the grain; serve with vegetables and gravy. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 233 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 628mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Baked Flank Steak
"absolutely wonderful, so easy, I could have eaten the whole thing. Can't wait to make it again."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.