Baked Fish with Cheese Sauce Recipe
- 4 orange roughy fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place fish in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Brush with butter; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese and mustard until cheese is melted. Serve with fish. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 206 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Baked Fish with Cheese Sauce
"Very Good, And was quick and easy to make."
"I made this for my son's girlfriend, who does not eat meat, and she loved it! I loved it, too. The fish was moist and delicious and the cheese sauce was great1"
"Yummy. I made it with snapper because that's what I had."
"This is an excellent recipe. I ran out of bread crumbs so I smashed up goldfish crackers, the cheddar taste was an excellent edition."
"Easy, fast, and tasty. Perfect for a mid-week supper."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.