Baked Fish with Cheese Sauce
There's plenty of time to whip up this flaky fish and decadent cheese sauce. Turn a ho-hum weeknight into a special occasion.Kristin Reynolds, Van Buren, Arkansas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 orange roughy fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place fish in a greased 11x7-in. baking
- dish. Brush with butter; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake 15-20
- minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in cheese and mustard until cheese is melted. Serve with fish.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 206 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon