- 4 orange roughy fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place fish in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Brush with butter; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese and mustard until cheese is melted. Serve with fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Fish with Cheese Sauce
Sort By :
"Very Good, And was quick and easy to make."
"I made this for my son's girlfriend, who does not eat meat, and she loved it! I loved it, too. The fish was moist and delicious and the cheese sauce was great1"
"Yummy. I made it with snapper because that's what I had."
"This is an excellent recipe. I ran out of bread crumbs so I smashed up goldfish crackers, the cheddar taste was an excellent edition."
"Easy, fast, and tasty. Perfect for a mid-week supper."