Baked Fish with Cheese Sauce for Two
There's plenty of time to whip up this flaky fish and decadent cheese sauce. Turn a ho-hum weeknight into a special occasion.Kristin Reynolds, Van Buren, Arkansas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 orange roughy fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Place fish in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Brush with
- butter; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 400° for 15-20
- minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in cheese and mustard until cheese is melted. Serve with fish.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 206 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat,