Baked Fish with Cheese Sauce for Two Recipe
- 2 orange roughy fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1. Place fish in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Brush with butter; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese and mustard until cheese is melted. Serve with fish. Yield: 2 servings.
1 fillet with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 206 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Baked Fish with Cheese Sauce for Two
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.