Baked Fish with Cheese Sauce for Two Recipe
- 2 orange roughy fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Place fish in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Brush with butter; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese and mustard until cheese is melted. Serve with fish. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Fish with Cheese Sauce for Two(2)
Sort By :
They didn't have orange roughy at our local grocery store...I was disappointed since this is my favorite fish, but we substituted it with cod. The sauce was delicious, the mustard gave it a nice tang! My husband loved it as well! Thank you, I will definitely be making this again!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Fish >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >