- 2 orange roughy fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Place fish in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Brush with butter; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese and mustard until cheese is melted. Serve with fish. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Fish with Cheese Sauce for Two
Sort By :
They didn't have orange roughy at our local grocery store...I was disappointed since this is my favorite fish, but we substituted it with cod. The sauce was delicious, the mustard gave it a nice tang! My husband loved it as well! Thank you, I will definitely be making this again!