There's plenty of time to whip up this flaky fish and decadent cheese sauce. Turn a ho-hum weeknight into a special occasion.—Kristin Reynolds, Van Buren, Arkansas
- 2 orange roughy fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Place fish in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Brush with butter; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese and mustard until cheese is melted. Serve with fish. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Baked Fish with Cheese Sauce for Two in Taste of Home
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Fish with Cheese Sauce for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review