Baked Fish and Rice Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1 pound cod
- Dash paprika
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, rice, Italian seasoning and garlic powder, bring to a boil. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Add the broccoli, Parmesan cheese and half of the onions. Top with fish fillets; sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and bake 20-25 minutes longer or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese and remaining onions. Return to the oven for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Fish and Rice(13)
Sort By :
We both enjoyed this fish dish- it's rather mild, but the onions give it a nice crunch and the melty cheese and broccoli round it out nicely. My husband has requested I make this again very soon.
Made this several times. Not a show-stopper, but a nice and simple way to incorporate more fish into our menu. I'm making homemade crispy onions by dipping the onions in egg and panko and baking them till crispy before adding to the fish dish.
Great! I took the other suggestions and used instant brown rice instead of long grain rice. Also used seafood seasoning to season fillets with.