Baked Fish and Rice Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1 pound cod
- Dash paprika
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the broth, rice, Italian seasoning and garlic powder, bring to a boil. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Add the broccoli, Parmesan cheese and half of the onions. Top with fish fillets; sprinkle with paprika.
- 2. Cover and bake 20-25 minutes longer or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese and remaining onions. Return to the oven for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 392 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 722 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.