Baked Fish and Rice
"I just recently tried this simple-to-fix meal-in-one, and it was an instant hit here at our house," states Jo Groth of Plainfield, Iowa. "Fish and rice are a tasty change of pace from traditional meat-and-potato fare."
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1 pound cod
- Dash paprika
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, rice, Italian seasoning and
- garlic powder, bring to a boil. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in.
- baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Add the
- broccoli, Parmesan cheese and half of the onions. Top with fish
- fillets; sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and bake 20-25 minutes longer or until the fish flakes easily
- with a fork. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese and remaining
- onions. Return to the oven for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 392 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 722 mg sodium,