- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound haddock fillets
- Tartar sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine oil and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/2-in. strips. Add to oil mixture and toss to coat. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine flour and remaining pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat egg and water. In a third bowl, combine the cornflakes, cheese and cayenne. Dredge fillets in flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with crumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with chips and tartar sauce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Fish 'n' Chips
"Delicious and super easy.I did substitute Panko for the cornflakes because that's what I had on hand. I used cod as well. Delicious."
"We substituted Panko bread crumbs for the Corn Flakes for we don't eat cereal. It was less messy than deep frying and yes, this was very good. It's a keeper."
"simple but good flavor"
"First time cooking fish for the chef of the house and it was successful! Tasty and moist - have to watch how long you cook fish as it has it's own mind of when it is done."