Here's a nice change from the traditional savory offerings. To keep the flavorful figs warm during your party, serve them in a chafing dish.— Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3/4 pound dried figs
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 325°. Prick holes in figs with a fork; place in a
- greased 8-in.-square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine orange
- juice, liqueur and cloves. Sprinkle sugar over figs; pour juice
- mixture over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-55 minutes or until tender, basting occasionally
- with juice mixture. Serve warm with whipped cream. Yield: about
- 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fig (calculated without whipped cream) equals 71 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.