Baked Eggs with Cheddar and Bacon
“These little treats are super-easy to make and perfect for a special breakfast. They’re also very nice for a casual dinner. The smoky cheese and bacon elevate eggs to another level!” Catherine Wilkinson — Dewey, Arizona
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons fat-free milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bacon strips
- Preheat oven to 325°. Coat four 4-oz. ramekins with cooking
- spray; break an egg into each dish. Spoon 1 tablespoon milk over
- each egg. Combine cheese, parsley, salt and pepper; sprinkle over
- Bake, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until whites are completely set and
- yolks begin to thicken but are not firm.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until
- crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Crumble bacon and sprinkle
- over eggs. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 107 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 219 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,