Baked Eggs with Cheddar and Bacon Recipe
“These little treats are super-easy to make and perfect for a special breakfast. They’re also very nice for a casual dinner. The smoky cheese and bacon elevate eggs to another level!” Catherine Wilkinson — Dewey, Arizona
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons fat-free milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bacon strips
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Coat four 4-oz. ramekins with cooking spray; break an egg into each dish. Spoon 1 tablespoon milk over each egg. Combine cheese, parsley, salt and pepper; sprinkle over tops.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not firm.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Crumble bacon and sprinkle over eggs. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 107 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 219 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 medium-fat meat.
Reviews for Baked Eggs with Cheddar and Bacon
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC