Baked Eggs and Ham
I give this single-serving dish Southwestern flair and zip by using cheese flavored with jalapeno peppers, but regular cheddar cheese also produces tasty results.Carolyn Crump, Center, Texas
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup seasoned croutons
- 2 tablespoons chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh fruit, optional
- In a greased shallow 2-cup baking dish, toss the croutons, ham and
- butter. Break the eggs carefully on top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until eggs reach
- desired doneness. Serve with fresh fruit if desired. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 333 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 472 mg cholesterol, 560 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.