I give this single-serving dish Southwestern flair and zip by using cheese flavored with jalapeno peppers, but regular cheddar cheese also produces tasty results.—Carolyn Crump, Center, Texas
- 1/4 cup seasoned croutons
- 2 tablespoons chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh fruit, optional
- In a greased shallow 2-cup baking dish, toss the croutons, ham and butter. Break the eggs carefully on top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until eggs reach desired doneness. Serve with fresh fruit if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Baked Eggs and Ham in Taste of Home August/September 1995, p16
Reviews for Baked Eggs and Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2014
"We liked this one. I used country ham"