I give this single-serving dish Southwestern flair and zip by using cheese flavored with jalapeno peppers, but regular cheddar cheese also produces tasty results.—Carolyn Crump, Center, Texas
Recommended: 22 Leftover Ham Recipes
- 1/4 cup seasoned croutons
- 2 tablespoons chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh fruit, optional
- In a greased shallow 2-cup baking dish, toss the croutons, ham and butter. Break the eggs carefully on top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until eggs reach desired doneness. Serve with fresh fruit if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Baked Eggs and Ham in Taste of Home August/September 1995, p16
Reviews for Baked Eggs and Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2017
"I made this the other day for my parents it is super easy. I used Canadian bacon and light English whole-grain Toasted muffins instead of croutons. I also used 2% cheddar cheese. Is the calories ."
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2014
"We liked this one. I used country ham"