Baked Dill Halibut Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add halibut, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, pickle, onion, dill, lemon juice and seasoned salt; spread evenly over halibut. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 halibut steak equals 314 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 663 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 39 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.