Frozen bread dough, easy assembly and quick baking time make this stuffed sandwich an appetizer I rely on often. This is one of my most-requested recipes. It's easy to double for a crowd or to experiment with different meats and cheeses. —Sandra McKenzie, Braham, Minnesota
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pizza seasoning or Italian seasoning
- 1/4 pound sliced deli ham
- 6 thin slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 pound sliced deli smoked turkey breast
- 6 thin slices cheddar cheese
- Pizza sauce, warmed, optional
- On a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, roll dough into a small rectangle. Let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and seasonings. Roll out dough into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Brush with half of the butter mixture. Layer ham, mozzarella cheese, turkey and cheddar cheese lengthwise over half of the dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Fold dough over and pinch firmly to seal. Brush with remaining butter mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into 1-in. slices. Serve immediately with pizza sauce if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Deli Sandwich in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p185
Reviews for Baked Deli Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review