I first made this family recipe as a teenager and still enjoy it as a winter warm-up. My dad says it's the best custard he's ever eaten!
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-2/3 cups milk
- In a bowl, combine eggs, sugar, spices and vanilla. Blend in milk.
- Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Place baking dish in a cake pan
- in oven; add 1 in. water to pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near middle
- comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 208 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 156 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.