I first made this family recipe as a teenager and still enjoy it as a winter warm-up. My dad says it's the best custard he's ever eaten!
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups milk
- In a bowl, combine eggs, sugar, spices and vanilla. Blend in milk. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Place baking dish in a cake pan in oven; add 1 in. water to pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near middle comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Custard in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p69
Reviews for Baked Custard
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review