- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups milk
- In a bowl, combine eggs, sugar, spices and vanilla. Blend in milk. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Place baking dish in a cake pan in oven; add 1 in. water to pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near middle comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Baked Custard
"This is the best custard i have had, I just love it, it tastes like baked custard should. instead of sugar I used splenda, it turned out perfect."
"Very easy to follow and was very good... I added some nutmeg to the top before serving it was great. I also topped it with fresh homemade whipped cream yummy"
"Baked this last night and let it cool overnight in the fridge. Hubs enjoyed every bite (I baked in small ramekins) a few minutes after settling in post day surgery. Like roblaura he said the added vanilla made this custard extra special. Thanks for sharing your recipe."
"Great recipe tastes like my Mama's. I like the extra vanilla. I cooked it in small ramekins for individual servings. Tastes great warm or cold."