Baked Custard for Two
Alpha Wilson, a field editor from Rosewell, New Mexico, shares a sweet treat she and husband Thomas (pictured at far right) enjoy frequentlyBaked Custard for Two.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a bowl, lightly beat the egg. Stir in the milk, sugar, vanilla and
- salt until combined.
- Pour into two ungreased 6-oz. custard cups. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place in an 8-in. square baking dish; add 1 in. of hot water to the
- pan. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a knife comes out
- clean. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 189 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.