"You likely have all the ingredients for this delicious dessert in your kitchen right now," says Melissa Bruce of Crystal River, Florida. The old-fashioned treat has a smooth custard filling and crunchy golden top. At 12¢ a serving, it's an inexpensive as it is tasty.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup stick margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a blender, combine all ingredients. Cover and process until
- smooth. Pour into a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake at
- 350° for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate until
- serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 301 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.