"Mother made this comforting custard when I was growing up on the farm," recalls Mary Kay Morris of Cokato, Minnesota. "It was wonderful after a chilly evening of doing chores. Now I fix it for my husband and four sons."
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar and salt. Pour into four
- ungreased 8-oz. custard cups; sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; pour hot water in pan to a
- depth of 3/4 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or
- until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove cups
- to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or chilled. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 177 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.