- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, crushed
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine the onions, cheese, bread crumbs, paprika, salt and pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then roll in onion mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Baked Crunchy Chicken
"I've tried many (baked & crunchy) chicken recipes, but this one is by far, the VERY BEST!! The chicken was very tasty & juicy, so I'll stick with this recipe. The only bread crumbs which I had on hand were 'whole wheat Panko bread crumbs', so I used 'em. If anything, they made the chicken even crunchier! Thanks Elva Jean, for the very best Baked Chicken recipe ever!"
"Yummy and easy! This is a keeper!"
"I made this recipe exactly as written. It was delicious, my husband and daughter raved about it and the onions were the reason. The only thing I would do different is like Paul3303 said, use a rack and elevate the chicken. The tops were so crispy, but the bottoms were soggy. This is a keeper and I will make it many times after that one change."
"This is one of the best of this type of oven-baked "fried" chicken recipes that I have ever tried - in fact, it may be the best. My husband gave it 5 stars! I think it is the French-fried onions that make the difference. Thanks for sharing!"