I have fixed this dish many times for company, and I've never had anyone fail to ask for the recipe. The leftovers—if there are any—are very good heated up in the microwave. —Elva Jean Criswell, Charleston, Mississippi
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, crushed
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine the onions, cheese, bread crumbs, paprika, salt and pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then roll in onion mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Baked Chicken in Country February/March 2008, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Baked Crunchy Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review