- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, crushed
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine the onions, cheese, bread crumbs, paprika, salt and pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then roll in onion mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Baked Crunchy Chicken
Sort By :
"This is one of the best of this type of oven-baked "fried" chicken recipes that I have ever tried - in fact, it may be the best. My husband gave it 5 stars! I think it is the French-fried onions that make the difference. Thanks for sharing!"
"BEST CHICKEN I HAVE EVER MADE IN THE OVEN"
"Awesome recipe! I have also used this recipe on pork chops and fish. YUM!!"
"Very nice oven fried chicken. Substituted panko for bread crumbs w/ extra paprika. Cooked perfect in 55 min. Be careful to not over cook. White meat may need to be pulled out at 50 min."