I grab this recipe when I'm looking for a quick dinner that will bring smiles to everyone at the table. Add a side salad, and presto, the meal is done!—Carolyn Hayes, Marion, Illinois
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 to 6 slices process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, ketchup, salt and pepper; heat through. Spoon into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Arrange the cheese on top.
- Bake at 400° for 2-3 minutes or until cheese begins to warm. Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into triangles. Place over cheese, pressing down on edges of pie plate to seal. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Crescent Cheeseburger Pie in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p183
Reviews for Baked Crescent Cheeseburger Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2010
"This was a VERY good pie. It was so good we (two people) ate the entire thing in one sitting! Thank you for the GREAT idea. Because of its convenience of being quick I will definitely bring this out often!"