Baked Creole Shrimp Recipe
A friend shared this recipe with me after tinkering with different ways to prepare freshly-caught shrimp. Here in the South, we bake the shrimp unpeeled.
- 2-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 medium lemons, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place shrimp in a 3-qt. baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour over shrimp.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400°, for 15-20 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove with a slotted spoon to a serving platter. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Creole Shrimp in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p196
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Creole Shrimp(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cajun Appetizers >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Appetizers >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >