Baked Creamy Spinach
Even folks not find of spinach find this creamy casserole irresistable. It's a favorite of my family at the holidays.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add cream
- cheese and milk; stir until melted. Stir in 1 cup Parmesan cheese,
- cayenne, salt and pepper. Stir in the spinach.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining
- Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or
- until hot and bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 194 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 457 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.