- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bagel chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place spinach in a colander over a bowl; squeeze dry, reserving 1 cup spinach liquid.
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in milk and reserved spinach liquid. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, ricotta cheese, seasonings and spinach; cook and stir until blended.
- Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and top is lightly browned. Remove from oven; top with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake 4-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with bagel chips. Yield: 14 servings (1/4 cup each).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Creamy Spinach Dip
Sort By :
"I don't see why it couldn't be made in the microwave...never know until you try! Let me know how it turns out if you do so :DYou just want to be sure that the flour gets cooks and will thicken. Also the cheese may not brown on top in the microwave."
"Can this be made in the microwave?"
"was a hit at the football party!"