Baked Creamy Spinach Dip Recipe
I’m a fan of classic dishes but frequently tweak them a bit to suit my family’s tastes. My cheesy spinach dip is a little lighter than other versions I’ve seen and pairs well with bagel chips. —Jenn Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:14 servings
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bagel chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place spinach in a colander over a bowl; squeeze dry, reserving 1 cup spinach liquid.
- 2. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in milk and reserved spinach liquid. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, ricotta cheese, seasonings and spinach; cook and stir until blended.
- 3. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and top is lightly browned. Remove from oven; top with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake 4-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with bagel chips. Yield: 14 servings (1/4 cup each).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC