VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add cream cheese and milk; stir until melted. Stir in 1 cup Parmesan cheese, cayenne, salt and pepper. Stir in spinach.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Creamy Spinach in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p126
Reviews forBaked Creamy Spinach
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2010
"We really enjoyed this easy side. It goes well with red meat or just to eat by itself."