- vanilla and egg yolks. Add to flour mixture; stir just until
- moistened. (Batter will be stiff.)
- Add remaining cream of tartar to egg whites; with clean beaters, beat
- on medium speed until soft peaks form. Fold into batter. Transfer to
- a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes
- or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, for topping, combine sugar and orange juice in a small
- saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook 2-3 minutes
- longer or until sugar is dissolved. Add cranberries; reduce heat and
- simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until berries begin to burst. Remove
- from the heat; cover and keep warm.
- When pudding tests done, place springform pan on a 15-in. x 10-in.
- baking pan. Spoon cranberry mixture over top. Return to the oven;
- bake 10 minutes longer.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing sides of springform pan. Cool for
- at least 1 hour before serving. If made ahead, pudding can be warmed
- in a 350° oven for 10 minutes. If desired, top with orange peel
- strips before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 402 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.