Baked Crab Rangoon
Although these Asian-inspired appetizers feel fancy, they're actually easy to prepare. Baking the rangoon instead of deep frying them not only saves time but reduces the mess.—Sue Bennett, Shelburn, Indiana
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Press wonton wrappers into greased miniature muffin cups. Bake at
- 350° for 6-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until
- smooth. Stir in crab and onions; spoon into wonton cups. Bake for
- 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 104 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now