- 12 wonton wrappers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Press wonton wrappers into greased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 6-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in crab and onions; spoon into wonton cups. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Baked Crab Rangoon
"I thought these were extremely blah! Noone would eat them. I love to cook and love lots of flavor and these had none. Wondering if imitation crab would have more flavor than the premium lump crab I used - and the wontons did not taste good - maybe I needed to spray more."
"I loved these!!! I made them with lower fat cream cheese and light mayo and sprayed them with olive oil spray. They came out so good that I am glad I only made two and will make them when I am craving take out. I don't have to be feel deprived anymore."
"Not a fan of baking these. Too crunchy for my liking. Not bad but not great either."
"I made 4 batches of these and they were gone!!! everyone loved these!!!!"
"I have made this several times already and my hubby and I both enjoy it. I only have a regular size muffin pan so mine are bigger than they should be. I also use imitation crab as well as imitation lobster to make a double batch. The filling is even good with out the wonton wappers on crackers or in other uses."
"I also used imitation crab meat. Since I don't have a mini-muffin tin I just put tem on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper & then sprayed them with canola oil. They turned out really good & were easy to make."
"I used neufchatel cheese and lower fat mayo, plus chopped up imitation chunk style crab meat as replacements. They were very good, and a little healthier than the ones from the restaurant"
"We all loved these appetizers. I put a splash of buttermilk in the mix instead of the mayo to try to reduce the calories."