- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 2 cups flaked imitation crabmeat
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 round loaves (1 pound each) unsliced sourdough or Italian bread
- Additional sliced green onions, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream; mix well. Fold in crab, cheese and onions. Cut the top third off each loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottoms, leaving 1-in. shells. Cube removed bread and tops; set aside. Spoon crab mixture into bread bowls. Place on baking sheets. Place reserved bread cubes in a single layer around bread bowls.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until the dip is heated through. Garnish with green onions if desired. Serve with toasted bread cubes and crackers. Yield: 5 cups.
Reviews for Baked Crab Dip
Sort By :
"Made this for a party last night and it was a huge hit! So simple to make"
"Loved it, easy to make, easier to eat!"
"Very best crab dip EVER!"
"it was great andi would make again"
"This was a huge hit at the party..people that did not like crab wanted the recipe to this..was so good.. my husband asked for me to make again...what a hit.."