Baked Crab Dip Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 2 cups flaked imitation crabmeat
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 round loaves (1 pound each) unsliced sourdough or Italian bread
- Additional sliced green onions, optional
- Assorted fresh vegetables, crackers
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream; mix well. Fold in crab, cheese and onions. Cut the top third off each loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottoms, leaving 1-in. shells. Cube removed bread and tops; set aside. Spoon crab mixture into bread bowls. Place on baking sheets. Place reserved bread cubes in a single layer around bread bowls.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until the dip is heated through. Garnish with green onions if desired. Can be served with assorted fresh vegetables or crackers or toasted bread cubes. Yield: 5 cups.
Tip: The bread can be filled earlier and refrigerated until 1-1/2 hours before serving. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
2 tablespoons: 100 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Baked Crab Dip
"OMG......this crab dip was awesome and very easy to fix, did not add or delete anything. I made it with 2 cups of crabmeat instead of the can crabmeat and everyone just devoured it. This will be one of my special go to appetizers from now on."
"This recipe sounds wonderful. Is it just as good when you use the imitation crab meat?"
"Made this for a party last night and it was a huge hit! So simple to make"
"Loved it, easy to make, easier to eat!"
"Very best crab dip EVER!"
"it was great andi would make again"
"This was a huge hit at the party..people that did not like crab wanted the recipe to this..was so good.. my husband asked for me to make again...what a hit.."
"I make this every year for our Christmas eve party.. love it"
"I am used to making Paula Deen's Hot Crab Dip recipe. I thought I'd try something different for a change. This was not very good. I was surprised too, because it sounds wonderful, but we were very disappointed."
"I made this for a family function a few months ago. It was an immediate hit and was quickly gone...even the bread bowl! Now my grandnephew has asked that I make it again for his birthday. This is a real winner."
"I made this for a party and everyone loved it!!"
"This recipe was excellent! So easy to make with very little prep work. Was a big hit at a family party. I will be making it again and will try adding the hot sauce. Thank you for sharing."
"Excellent dip! Made 1/2 recipie to try first. Only changes I would make (base on 1/2 recipie) decrease sour cream to 3/4 cup, dbl crab - or add real crab pieces, dbl green onion. Great base to add you favorites to! My wife said to keep it as a favorite!"
"I added some garlic salt, red peppers, and a bit of hot sauce."
"Delicious and easy! I made it ahead of time and took it to an event....I looked like a star!"
"I took this to a family function and everyone loved it. The only change I made was adding in hot sauce while folding in the crab. Will make again."
"I made this for my family and we loved it. I did add 1/2 tsp garlic salt and about 1/4 tsp garlic powder. I will make this again!!"