Reel in a breezy taste of the seashore with these easy and delicious crab cakes from Nashville, Tennessee’s Amelia Sunderland. TIP: For a heftier “burger,” make two larger patties and serve on buns.
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tartar sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Shape into four patties; cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place crab cakes on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with tartar sauce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Baked Crab Cakes in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p39
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Crab Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review