- additional strips as needed, pinching ends together to seal.
- FIG 2 Wrapping dough strips around form.
- Continue to wrap until you reach the circular opening of the form.
- Seal last dough strip underneath the cornucopia. (Any remaining
- bread dough may be shaped into rolls and baked as desired.)
- Cover with a towel and let dough rest 15 minutes. Beat egg and water
- together and brush over cornucopia.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cover with foil; bake for another 20
- minutes. Reduce heat to 250° bake 20 minutes more or until bread
- sounds hollow when tapped.
- Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Carefully remove form, compacting it
- as needed. Cool completely.
- Cornucopia may be made up to 5 days in advance. Store at room
- temperature, covered lightly with a towel.
- To use, place cornucopia on a tray or board. Fill with nuts, greens
- or herbs such as rosemary, cranberries, rolls, doughnut holes,
- gourds or other decorations as desired for a centerpiece. Yield: 1
Finished size: Cornucopia is 11 inches long x 8 inches wide (at widest point) x 5 inches tall (at tallest point).