- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 quart chicken broth
- Additional minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients. Bring broth to a boil; carefully transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. round baking dish. Drop batter in six mounds onto broth.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while baking). Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Cornmeal Dumplings in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p53
Reviews for Baked Cornmeal Dumplings(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review