Baked Corn Pudding
Here's a comforting side dish that can turn even ordinary meals into something to celebrate. A yuletide favorite with our entire family, it spoons up as sweet and creamy as custard. Guests give it rave reviews and always ask for the recipe.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour. Whisk in the eggs, milk,
- butter, salt and pepper. Stir in the corn and cream-style corn.
- Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 186 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 432 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.