Baked Cod Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound cod or haddock fillets, cut into serving size pieces
- Lemon-pepper seasoning
- Lemon slices and dill sprigs, optional
- 1. In an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, combine the butter, lemon juice, onions, water, dill and garlic salt. Add fish fillets; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Loosely cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Garnish with lemon and dill if desired. Yield: 3-4 servings.
1 each: 189 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Baked Cod
"This was very mild flavored and not too fishy like some dishes can be. I LOVE dill so i used a little extra but other than that the recipes is perfect as is."
"Great recipe for big slabs of mild-flavored cold water white fish. The seasonings were mild enough not to overpower the flavor of the fresh Alaskan halibut I fixed. I also baked at a higher temp (425) for a shorter time (15 minutes). Delicious!"
"easy and tasted good. Will make again."
"The seasoning is excellent but the cooking temperature and time makes for a very tough fish. It looked "off" to me, but I tried it anyway, just so I could give a fair review. I will definitely make this again because the flavor was good, but in the future, I will be baking at 425F for 13 minutes, as I normally would."
"I liked it. I think it would be a bit better if it was baked w/ lemon slices on the fish. easy to make."
"This really turned out well. I wasn't sure what to expect, but will definitely make it again. The juices work very well with the lemon pepper seasoning."