Fresh fish is a New England staple. This easy and delicious recipe has become a family favorite over the years.
3-4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound cod or haddock fillets, cut into serving size pieces
- Lemon-pepper seasoning
- Lemon slices and dill sprigs, optional
- In an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, combine the butter, lemon
- juice, onions, water, dill and garlic salt. Add fish fillets; turn
- to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Loosely cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish
- flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Garnish with
- lemon and dill if desired. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 189 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 405 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon