Baked Cod with Mushrooms Recipe
- 5 small fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 2 cod fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, jalapeno and onion in 2 teaspoons butter until tender. Place fillets in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper, steak seasoning and bread crumbs. Top with mushroom mixture. Divide remaining butter and place on each fillet.
- 2. Cover and bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cod fillet with 1/2 cup mushrooms equals 199 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 503 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Reviews for Baked Cod with Mushrooms
"Very easy and quick. I used white fish and green pepper instead of jalapeno. Very delicious."
"Very nice, not bad at all :-0 actually we loved it! mtnmama"
"I left out the jalepeno b/c DH doesn't like them and it was still good!"
"I like to try a new recipe at least once a week. I was looking for easy ones made with ingredients I had already. The only ingredient I had to buy for this was the cod fish. I used sweet peppers instead of jalapeno and it was GREAT! My husband and I loved this recipe."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.