Baked Cod Piccata with Asparagus Recipe
It takes longer for the oven to preheat than it does to prepare this delicious, good-for-you dish. While it’s baking, I throw together a quick salad. Barbara Lento, Houston, Pennsylvania
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound cod fillet, cut into four pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons capers
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place asparagus in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; add water. Arrange cod over asparagus. Sprinkle with lemon juice, lemon-pepper and garlic powder. Dot with butter; sprinkle with capers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and asparagus is tender. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Baked Cod Piccata with Asparagus in Taste of Home
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Cod Piccata with Asparagus(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2013
I would make again. I'm not a great fan of fish, but this was pretty good.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baked Fish >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >