Fresh fish is a New England staple. This easy and delicious recipe has become a family favorite over the years.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound cod or haddock fillets, cut into serving size pieces
- Lemon-pepper seasoning
- Lemon slices and dill sprigs, optional
- In an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, combine the butter, lemon juice, onions, water, dill and garlic salt. Add fish fillets; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Loosely cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Garnish with lemon and dill if desired. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Baked Cod in Country February/March 2000, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Cod
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review