- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 4 egg whites
- 3 dashes Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place a wire rack on each of two baking sheets; coat racks with cooking spray. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on.
- In a shallow bowl, toss coconut with bread crumbs; remove half of the mixture and reserve. In another shallow bowl, whisk egg whites, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Place flour in a third shallow bowl.
- Dip shrimp in flour to coat lightly; shake off excess. Dip in egg white mixture, then in coconut mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Refresh coconut mixture in bowl with reserved mixture as needed.
- Place shrimp on racks of prepared pans. Bake 5-6 minutes on each side or until coconut is lightly browned and shrimp turn pink.
- Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan; cook and stir over medium-low heat until preserves are melted. Serve shrimp with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Coconut Shrimp & Apricot Sauce
Sort By :
Really good. I did add a bit of rice wine vinegar and let it simmer for quite a while to bring out the flavor of the red pepper flakes. I did use pre-cooked shrimp and baked for the same time as the recipe called for.
The only thing I would have done differently is made more.
Wow! Very easy to make. Made the sauce with raspberry preserves.
Wow! Easiest Coconut Shrimp ever! Tasty too! I made my sauce with a little peach nectar, apricot preserves and hot sauce. I wasn't in the mood for the tang of cider vinegar.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Shrimp Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Asian Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Fat Recipes >