- 12 slices cinnamon bread, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 9 eggs
- 1 quart milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Warmed blackberry preserves, optional
- Whipped cream, optional
- Line the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with six slices of bread. butter remaining bread; place with butter side up over bread in pan. In a bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, cream, sugar and vanilla; mix well. Pour over bread; let stand for 15 minutes. Place the dish in a larger baking pan. Pour boiling water into large pan to a depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Top with preserves and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Baked Cinnamon French Toast
"I served this along side other items at our Christmas brunch. It is very custardy and more like a bread pudding than a French toast. It was tasty but very rich. I had quite a bit left over and will likely look for a different recipe next year."
"Love this recipe. Make every year for Christmas morning. A favorite of both immediate and extended family."
" Sounds great! "
"I made this for the first brunch I ever hosted (along with other recipes from Taste of Home) and it has become a "required" dish whenever family visits or we go to stay with friends. I especially love warming the preserves in the microwave to make a syrup from them to pour over this delightful treat."
"My husband made this after the birth of our first child. We fell in love with it then and 11 years later it is still a hit!"